Friday, January 18, 2008

Thing #16 - Sandbox

I added a couple of entries to the sandbox, which was incredibly easy. It was interesting to read things others added. The wiki thing opens a whole new world to us, both personally and professionally. Having played around some with HTML helps, but because the hosting sites are setting things up to be so user friendly, sometimes it's impossible to make things appear exactly as you intend due to conflicting code deeply embedded in the templates. I can certainly empathize with Sue's frustrations after trying to link everything and creating a monster instead (LOL when I read her post - it beats crying)! Overall though, a system that ultimately frees the end user to easily design and/or edit web pages is awesome.

I eloborated on a number of useful educational applications for wikis in my post for Thing #15, so I won't restate those here in the interest of saving time for those of you reading these posts. One thought I will add - not only is it difficult for me to think of others editing my slaved-over creations, I'm having a hard time posting to wikis for fear of offending someone by using the wrong font, messing up the formatting, etc.! That just strikes me as really funny (in a sick sort of way).

No comments: