Monday, January 14, 2008

Thing #11 - Library Thing

As I was entering a few books from my personal collection, I began thinking of more and more books I've read. It could take a lot of time to enter them all. I've considered cataloging my library before, but I'll probably never take the time. Most of the books in it are books I really love but won't have time to read again. So why keep them? I like the way they look! I share the children's books in my collection with my nephew as he gets old enough for them.

Library Thing suggests many ways it can be used with your library, book clubs, groups, etc. I found it interesting to peer into other people's libraries, but it would be better if I knew the person. This could be a fun way to share book suggestions with other teachers. Maybe there's a way to set up recommended books for certain topics. I just thought of that, so I'd have to spend some time to figure out whether or not that's possible.

Reading suggestions based on one's personal library sounds like a great feature. I only have sixteen titles in there right now, so my recommendations for further reading might not be very accurate, but with more input from the user, it's probably a terrific tool.

I'm going to try to add some books to the side of my blog, but I will probably need help. I copied the code, I'm just not sure where I should paste it! Ooh, it took a few tries, but I did it!!!

Click here for a very small portion of My Library.

No comments: