Sunday, January 13, 2008

Thing #10 - Online Image Generators






















Sites Used:
Online image generators are a tool I wish I'd known about sooner. They're a ton of fun and are useful for promotional materials in the form of posters, signs, newsletters, additions to blogs, library aide party invitations, birthday cards, and just about anything else you want to make appealing to students. Many students are probably already using them for MySpace, Facebook, their personal websites, and more.

I wasn't able to get the Smiley generator to work. After several unsuccessful attempts, I had to move on. I'll probably try it again later because I love Smileys!

Another thing I obviously need more practice with is aligning things the way I want them to appear. I think I could do that after brushing up on HTML code. I messed around with tweaking the code, but never could get it 100% like I wanted it. As with all things technology related, practice improves speed and competence. It's been a bit too long since I wrote code from scratch. I have tried every way I can think of to add space after my links. There is obviously a minor problem in the code, but I can't find it. My perfectionistic side is bugging me to keep trying, but my practical side (the one I'm trying to cultivate in order to maintain sanity) says enough of this already! GO TO BED! So off I go.

No comments: