Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thing #5 Flckr


Donny Edwards 2
Originally uploaded by Zeeburt

Flckr is awesome! Maybe I'll finally get my photos organized so I can share them! The downside to this concept is that those unfortunate people (such as my mother) still using dial-up connections can't really enjoy Flikr to the fullest extent because of the slow connection speed. Other than that, what a great concept! I've just skimmed the surface and I'm hooked. I love the applications that work with it to create all kinds of items. Some of the tools would work great for advertising and promoting students and the library program.

As some of you know, I'm an Elvis fan. This photo was taken at the 30th year anniversary celebration "Elvis Tribute Artist" contest in Memphis last August. It was a fantastic experience. The contestant pictured here placed 3rd, behind two other incredible ETAs. He placed 2nd on the summer '07 TV show "The Next Best Thing."

I've noticed that the district filter blocks my Flikr picture unless it is overridden. I thought I read somewhere yesterday that the site was being allowed now.

1 comment:

mmw said...

Love the pic! We went to Graceland on our way to North Carolina last year. It's a really cool place.